Monday, February 18
copyright...
I thought the article was really interesting. I did notice that it was somewhat biased and obviously not leaning towards J.K. Rowling's side. There seemed to be some bitterness there. Regardless, the issue still remains and a very strong point was made. It is hard to know where to draw the line between creativity being stifled and people riding the lucrative coat tails of a good idea. My initial reaction was that I don't think J.K. Rowling's was being completely out of line and I was annoyed how spitefully the article was written. I do think that J.K. Rowling's as the master creator of a unique world should be able to have some say in how other people retell her story. It would be terrible for an artist to see someone recreate something completely foreign from their original design. But to be honest, I realize that most of the time copyright issues are all because of money which, makes it almost impossible to draw a clear line, leaving me very torn myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you have really found the kernel of truth here, Sara, and I certainly agree that "most of the time copyright issues are all because of money which, makes it almost impossible to draw a clear line."
Post a Comment